Sunday 3 May 2009

Magic my son!





Taking my time to stroll the line at the "Popham Trade fair this year" I manage to fly the latest offering's from P & M Aviation. While I enjoyed flying the latest "hot ship" at 120mph (VNE) the experence did not compare to the sheer fun of flying the "Magic Laser" a single seat two stroke 40hp, podless!

Roots flying, no pod, no radio, and altimeter well not one that i could see! But who the hell did needs a altimeter? Take off and climb out of the circuit and I was at 1000 feet. Not high but way to high to fly this tree top flyer!

Down the the gold glow of the oil seed rape, looking through your toes at the rape bushging the front wheel, sweeping turns and swoops around the trees, pfl's from 250 feet popping over the hedge and stopping in 75 meters of meadow grass, that's flying I wandered to the wide open
spaces forgetting all of my troubles for an all too short 40 minutes.

Flying in tee shirts it was a wonderful experence, a low pass down runway 21 and final circuit to land, vfr, real vfr non radio, in a busy circuit it's time for lots of the V!

Touch down watching the grass trough my toes I think it must be illegal to fly this machine on Tarmac ;)

Grinning I taxi back, rejuvinated!

No comments:

Post a Comment