Saturday 28 May 2011

Gotcha!

What your looking at here is a "Gotcha" today its howling outside, and I am preparing my machine for the French trip, between now and then, a family holiday, work commitments mean that I wont be flying, this weekend is it. There is a short list of things to do, following a flight last night over USS George Bush (pictures to follow), the wing trim failed. While fixing it this morning we had to strip the whole machine down which meant I looked at the fuel filter from both sides otherwise I might have missed this crack.

From Thorney Island we are planning to take off and head south over 58 miles of water to Cherbourg, if the the glass in this filter had failed due to the vibration, there were two outcomes, wet feet and may be a fire. Hmm!



1 comment:

  1. That's a gotcha alright. Why do you prefer the glass filters over the standard plastic ones? Just curious.
    Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete