Thursday 23 April 2009

Big Helmets?

Flying at the weekend with Richard and his Dad I am reminded that I was not adventurous at all..when I first was awarded my license.

I recall a long trip was to the next airfield that was Dunkerswell to Westonzoyland, map reading all the way, getting lost over the Somerset levels while skipping field to field climbing over the hedges.

The talk was of GPS a new device that might cause more accidents as if two pilots took off one from Dunkerswell, the other from Westonzoyland they might meet half way at the same height and crash! No! We really did have that conversation in the club house fearful of these new devices!

Is that how I treat new technology in my life now, with fear? Is that how I approach new flying challenges now?

No comments:

Post a Comment