Friday 10 April 2009

Home Run

The competion finished at 1600hrs last Sunday and while waiting for
the results I get a call from a club pilot who has been fogged in at
Bembridge!

Calls to Charlotte tell me I might get home as the fog stops 1/4 of a
mile in from the beach, something we are used too at this time of year.

I set off at five and rounded Southampton zone an hour and half later.
Smooth clear air all the way, but the last 5 miles were covered by low
cloud tops we at 1000 amsl, without losing sight of the ground I
probed it cover but it was clear I was not going to make it home.

A short 20 minute divert to Colemorr Common , tied down for the night.
The last leg proved to be a greater test of my judgement than any of
the tasks of the competion!

Did I learn the lesson?

No comments:

Post a Comment