Sunday 5 April 2009

Great day - Sad ending

Planning the task today at Redlands airfield a first! Competion flying
is a blast! The task was set to fly a coarse back to Over Farm and to
spot land. Marks along the way to match ground features with a photo
sheet! Of the 9 I spotted 2! That was a lot harder than I thought.

The circuit at Over was as busy as you would want it to be! Two go
arounds before landing over a tape to a dead stop landing.

On the subject of dead... Two of the spectators, friends of the Over
flying club died on the return trip to shobdon.

There friends were sad and upset which took the edge off the event,
and brings everyone up short. I am not afraid to die doing the thing I
love so much, but when I die I don't want my wife and kids to have to
listern to the news.

Dying unexpectly is I suppose better for the dead and worse for the
living, I can imagine dying as Jade Goodie did is agoney to the person
but removes some of the shock for those left behind. I am please to
say that so far I have experence of niether.

So do we face the reality that the next flight could be our last each
time we pre-flight the aircraft, check the weather and consider the human limitation?

As I type this blog from my tent in Glocester, my thoughts are for the
family and friends of "Two men die in Microlight Crash".....

No comments:

Post a Comment